Jupiter Garden organizes a variety of in-house outings exclusively for our guests.
We also assist in finding or putting a packages together through 3rd party tour companies for you anywhere in the state.
Our local excursion guest rate does not include fuel, tips or gear rental. 1-4 hrs, start times are flexible $150
- Shooting: Your opportunity to have an ex-military expert shooter show you how to shoot a small caliber pistol and rifle. Introducing you to firearms safety, care and the everyday use of firearms as a tool for survival in the wilderness. Leave house for range at 10am, returning at noon.
- Hiking Flat Top or Glen Alps: Climb the mountains overlooking Anchorage for a bird’s-eye view. Difficulty is minimized to the lowest capability/fitness level for each group – no one gets left behind. the Glen Alps trail system offers anything from a 1-8 mile flat walk through a massive Glen Alps Valley, to more strenuous walks with over 2,000 ft of elevation gain. Other hikes within the area include the Eklutna Lake Trail, Thunderbird Falls Trail and a Crow Pass out and back (steep elevation gains).
- Road trip: Drive north to the Matanuska Valley to see northern lights (winter), or South to Girdwood and back for a tram ride any time of year, downhill mountain biking in summer, or ski/snowboard drop-off in winter.
- Biking (summer): We have an extensive network of trails and can offer 1-4 hours of riding time in the Hillside Trail Network in summer or winter.
- Fat-biking (winter): A new experience
- Brewery tour: Anchorage has a host of breweries and micro brews that are becoming well-known around the world. We provide a designated driver and bring you to the best of them for a night in town.
Half to full-day $250. Start times are strict mostly, and you will need to bring a lunch and appropriate gear. Get with your host to find out what you need.
- Hiking Williwaw Lakes: 16 mile round trip into the Chugach Mountains for intermediate Hikers, makes for a long day, but can be done as an overnight camping trip.
- Rafting: We organize introductory, class 1 -2 rafting packages on the Kenai River for sightseeing. You are welcome to bring your fishing gear or borrow ours.
- Pack rafting: Full-day trip on the Kenai through upper and canyon (class 1-3), then hike out along Skilak lake trails.
- Fishing: We have gear you can use, and can shuttle you to any river within 2 hours of Anchorage for spring, summer or fall fishing of all varieties, whether trout, salmon, pike or grayling. We also partner with fly-out companies to provide remote guided trips
- Kayaking: Introductory lake kayaking on Eklutna lake.
- Road trip: Drive north to Talkeetna to see Denali, the tallest mountain in North America, any time of year, or to see northern lights (Sept-Mar); we also provide shuttle south to Girdwood, Kenai, Seward, Whittier for sightseeing, fishing, hiking, biking and rafting.