Our clean, spacious and eco-conscious homestead is a hidden gem in a natural woodland area of Anchorage, quietly tucked out of sight. 7 minutes from recreation, shopping, medical and university districts. 15 minutes from airport. We provide a working or casual get-away with high-speed internet and modern amenities, two optional living areas, lounge and dining. Escape and enjoy simple pleasures of old fashioned homestead living with a modern twist.
When booking the entire property, you have access to two separate levels with spaces for dining and socializing, a separate master bedroom on each level, a hidden bookcase room, two full bathrooms with tub and shower and an additional bedroom with office amenities. Common areas offer variety of fold-out sofa beds with ample and flexible sleeping arrangements.
The setting couldn’t be more Alaskan or more unique. Moose and the occasional bear stroll through the yard as you relax comfortably in your two-story home on the hill just a few minutes from trailheads that disappear for miles into the Chugach Mountains.
Our kitchen is fully-equipped and stocked with basic essentials for cooking and dining. We provide all the necessary ingredients to cook up the salmon you just reeled in. Feel free to store the extras in the freezer.
Ground level: Sleeps 8
- Separate drive with parking for 4 cars, or motorhome and 2 cars
- 2 bedrooms, w/queens
- 1 extra bedroom, hidden behind bookcase w/full-size bed
- 1 bathroom + basic bathroom essentials
- Fully-equipped kitchen + basic breakfast essentials
- Dining and lounge area
- Parking for 2 cars
- Laundry facilities
- 2 private coded and 1 common stairwell/entrance
Top level (Guesthouse): Sleeps 6
- Large double queen master suite
- Separate drive with parking for 3 cars
- Full kitchen with stove, sink, fridge, dining area
- Large open community room with lounge, entertainment center
- 1 full bathroom with bath and shower
- Private, coded entrance
- Deep feezer (in basement)
- Picnic table
- Forest surroundings
- Hilltop Ski Resort (downhill skiing and snowboarding)
- Chugach State Park and Glenn Alps Trailhead
- Omalley Greens Golf Course
- Alaska Zoo
- Hillside and Far North Bicentennial trails (walking, biking, cross country skiing)
- University of Alaska
- Alaska Pacific University
- Providence Hospital
- Alaska Native Medical Center
- Dimond (South) Anchorage corridor, with medical and shopping areas
Guests have access to use all amenities in the home, including office equipment, internet, washer/dryer, and any additional quarters booked jointly. Freezers, tools, smoker, grill, firepit, slack line, herbs and veggies in the garden, or fresh chicken eggs if available.
Interaction with guests
We house travelers with an earth-friendly heart and healthy lifestyle. Our guests get a taste of the real Alaskan experience all year round.
Our household makes a conscious effort to reduce waste, recycle, use less energy and improve the environment through composting, gardening, DIY, upcycling used and second-hand materials.